Wednesday, September 16, 2009

McKenzie: Becoming a Technoconstructivist

In terms of where I find myself on the development scale, I know that I am far from preliterate. I use technology in various ways in the classroom. I have e-mail and check it at least once a day - though I still prefer to find people for face to face conversations if I can. I have created power points and blogs but have never presented any for my students or had them use and create any of these things. I use the internet for searching for websites and have kept grades on-line, created spread sheets for a myriad of reasons, and use templates for lesson plans, and a few times a year I can take the students to the lab to use computers for word processing, research, and interactive learning sites. So I think that I am a technotraditionalist. I do not worry too much about the reliability of the technology, but I do feel as though I do not have the skills and knowledge to truly integrate what is available, for the greatest benefit of my students, into my instruction and everyday classroom activities.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting ... I agree with where you are ... so, now you just need to start with some tools for your students that you believe in ... it's fine to prefer face-to-face conversations (most of us do). Also, I would guess that you haven't used PowerPoint because it's used so badly much of the time ...

    Again, the key is to find tools that you are comfortable with and that further the goals and objectives of your classroom rather than to use technology for the sake of using technology.

    ReplyDelete